PPC is committed to supporting the communities where we actively work by and through the PPC Foundation, Inc.
PPC Foundation will pass back to the community, through each Company as allowed by PPC Foundation policy, prosperity received through its Companies. It will support any operating needs of programs that are available to the entire population.
It is our intention to positively respond to each request from a valid organization. Our support will encourage those providing the services to achieve their quest to make this a better neighborhood, community and world. In this learning process, what the giver experiences in their service to the community may ultimately be more valuable than the services rendered.
- All organizations should be Internal Revenue Service 501(c)3 qualified.
- Maintain a policy for qualifying potential organizations and determining the level of support.
- Encourage employees and retirees through a one-for-one matching gift program for non-religious organizations, abiding by the guideline that the organization is a 501(c)3.
- Funds generally will be used for operational type budgeting as opposed to capital programs, primarily because of the limited funds available.
- The Foundation policy excludes donating to organizations where public tax support is the primary source of income.
- We will consider supporting not-for-profit programs in organizations where our employees have assumed responsibilities on a volunteer basis. The Foundation’s level of support in these situations will increase as the employees’ involvement and level of responsibility increases.
- It is the intent of the Foundation to support nonprofits in those geographic areas where our companies operate.
- It is the Foundation’s intent to maintain reserves equal to at least two years of gifts to ensure consistency in carrying out our mission.
- While it is the intent to positively respond to each request, potential recipient organizations must make an annual request to receive a contribution. We do not make contributions in a subsequent year just because there was a contribution in the current year.
Rules for prequalifying potential gifts can be obtained by contacting a company representative.
A Sampling of Charities we Support:
LLS Milwaukee, WI
Character Education Partnership Washington, DC
Center for Improvement Construction Management
Express Yourself Milwaukee
Florentine Opera Company